Orange-Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, the 3 tablespoons sugar, pecans, and the orange peel. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling (dough will still be crumbly). Form mixture into a ball and knead until smooth.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Using a cookie stamp, press each ball until 1/2 inch thick. If desired, sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until bottoms start to brown and centers are set. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
- In a small saucepan cook and stir white chocolate and shortening over low heat until melted and smooth. Dip the bottom of each cookie into melted white chocolate mixture, letting excess drip back into saucepan. Return cookie, upside down, to wire rack. Let cookies stand until white chocolate is set.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Orange-Pecan Shortbread Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 57 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 7 mg chol. ,
- 23 mg sodium ,
- 6 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.