Orange and Watercress Salad with Chicken
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper seasoning. Lightly coat a large skillet or grill pan with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in hot skillet. Cook for 8 to 12 minutes or until no pink remains (170 degrees F), turning once. Set chicken aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together chives, oil, honey, lemon juice, the water, and salt. Add watercress; toss to coat.
- Using tongs, divide watercress among serving plates, reserving liquid in bowl. Slice chicken; arrange orange slices and chicken on plates. Drizzle with reserved liquid. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts, feta cheese, and, if desired, freshly ground pepper.
From the Test Kitchen
Cut the peel off the oranges using a sharp knife, making sure to remove all the bitter white pith.
To toast hazelnuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread nuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring a few times to toast evenly. Cool nuts slightly. Place the warm nuts on a clean kitchen towel. Rub nuts with the towel to remove the loose skins.
Nutrition Facts (Orange and Watercress Salad with Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 214 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 63 mg chol. ,
- 311 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 21 g pro.