Orange-Almond Breakfast Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of pan. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray.
- Remove 1 tsp. zest and squeeze 1/2 cup orange juice from orange. In a bowl combine zest, juice, and brown sugar. Stir in dates and/or apricots.
- In a large bowl stir together the next five ingredients (through salt). Add egg, honey, and almond butter to fruit mixture; whisk to combine. Add to flour mixture along with almonds. Stir until moistened. Spoon into the prepared baking pan. Using moistened hands, pat dough evenly in pan.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until edges are browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature up to 2 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Orange-Almond Breakfast Bars)
- Per serving:
- 205 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 12 mg chol. ,
- 99 mg sodium ,
- 35 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 17 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.
xenju 86 Days Ago
Wish I had looked online at review before I tried making this. It was very sticky and getting it in the pan was difficult, so it looks nothing like the photo. The bake time of 12 minutes isn't enough time for it to bake completely either. The taste is missing something also.
manakinbetsy 158 Days Ago
Terrible! Batter was glue-like; dry, sticky, hard to "stir until moistened." I wonder if the proportions in the recipe are wrong? Hd to throw the finished product out. Really disappointed.