Oatmeal Slices with Dates and Nuts
- In a large bowl beat butter with a mixer on medium to high 30 seconds. Add the next five ingredients (through salt). Beat until combined, scraping bowl as needed. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour, the oats, dates, and pecans.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 2-inch-diameter roll. Wrap each in plastic wrap or waxed paper; chill dough until firm enough to slice (1 to 2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Use a serrated knife to cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices; place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove; cool on wire rack.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Oatmeal Slices with Dates and Nuts)
- Per serving:
- 73 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 9 mg chol. ,
- 56 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.