Nutty-Caramel Pumpkin Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and cloves. Stir in eggs, pumpkin, and oil until combined. Pour batter into an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan, spreading evenly.
- In a small bowl stir together the pecans and caramel topping. Spoon nut mixture over batter in pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Use only half of the Browned Butter Frosting recipe (chill or freeze the remaining frosting and use it to frost cupcakes). Stir enough milk into the frosting to make it a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled bars.
From the Test Kitchen
To store, place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Browned Butter Frosting
- In a small saucepan heat butter over low heat until melted. Continue heating until butter turns a light golden brown. Remove from heat. In a large bowl combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Add browned butter. Beat on medium speed until spreading consistency, adding additional milk if necessary.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar to make a frosting of spreading consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Nutty-Caramel Pumpkin Bars)
- Per serving:
- 190 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 26 mg chol. ,
- 113 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g pro.