No-Bake White Chocolate-Almond Butter Balls
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat almond butter and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add powdered sugar and cocoa powder, beating until combined. Stir in rice cereal.
- Using buttered hands, shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place balls on the prepared cookie sheet. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a small heavy saucepan cook and stir 8 ounces white chocolate, candy coating, and shortening over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Line another large cookie sheet or tray with parchment or waxed paper. Using a fork, dip chilled balls, one at a time, into melted white chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip back into pan.* Place on the prepared cookie sheet or tray. Chill about 20 minutes or until firm.
- Place 2 ounces chopped white chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 50 percent power (medium) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring twice. Drizzle melted white chocolate over cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
If the coating mixture in the pan becomes too shallow for dipping, transfer the mixture to a 1-cup glass measuring cup or a custard cup and dip the last few cookies.
Place cookies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts (No-Bake White Chocolate-Almond Butter Balls)
- Per serving:
- 137 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 5 mg chol. ,
- 41 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.