Recipes and Cooking No-Bake Butterscotch Bars 4.0 (28) 2 Reviews Instant butterscotch pudding and Butterfinger candy bars are the key ingredients in this low-stress dessert bar recipe. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on August 21, 2013 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Kritsada Panichgul Prep Time: 45 mins Chill Time: 1 hrs Total Time: 1 hrs 45 mins Servings: 64 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 1 cup granulated sugar 1 cup light-color corn syrup 2 cup peanut butter 3 cup crisp rice cereal 3 cup cornflakes ¾ cup butter 4 cup powdered sugar 2 4-serving-size packages butterscotch instant pudding and pie filling mix 1 3.7 ounce package (2 bars) chocolate-covered crisp peanut butter candy (such as Butterfingers, finely chopped (3/4 cup) ¼ cup milk 1 12 ounce package (2 cups) semisweet chocolate pieces ½ cup butter Directions Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan with heavy foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan; set aside. In a large saucepan combine granulated sugar and corn syrup; heat and stir over medium heat just until mixture boils around edges. Heat and stir for 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Stir in rice cereal and cornflakes until coated. Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Place a piece of waxed paper over the mixture and press firmly with your hands; set aside. For pudding layer, in a medium saucepan melt the 3/4 cup butter over medium heat. Stir in powdered sugar, pudding mixes, 1/2 cup of the chopped candy, and the milk. Spread pudding mixture over cereal layer; set aside. For frosting, in a small saucepan heat and stir chocolate pieces and the 1/2 cup butter over low heat until melted and smooth. Spread frosting over pudding layer. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup chopped candy. Chill, uncovered, about 1 hour or until set. Cover for longer storage. To serve, use foil to lift uncut bars out of pan. Place on a cutting board; cut into bars. To Make Ahead: Layer bars between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Before serving, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 190 Calories 10g Fat 26g Carbs 3g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 64 Calories 190 % Daily Value * Total Fat 10g 13% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Cholesterol 10mg 3% Sodium 141mg 6% Total Carbohydrate 26g 9% Total Sugars 22g Protein 3g Vitamin C 0.8mg 4% Calcium 9mg 1% Iron 1mg 6% Potassium 81mg 2% Folate, total 19.5mcg Vitamin B-12 0.2mcg Vitamin B-6 0.1mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.