Nicoise Salad Sandwich
- Arrange eight slices of the bread on a work surface. Top four of the slices with lettuce leaves; arrange the green beans on top of the lettuce, and top with tuna. Top four slices with the tomato, red onion, 2 olives, and, if desired, egg slices. Drizzle the eight topped bread slices with Fresh Parsley Gremolata Vinaigrette.
- Place the tomato-topped bread slices on top of the lettuce-topped bread slices to make four stacks. Top each stack with one of the remaining four bread slices.
- Cut each sandwich stack in half. Secure through the sandwich half with a long toothpick or 4-inch skewer.
From the Test Kitchen
If you can't find marinated tuna, use your favorite tuna; drain the tuna and squeeze a lemon wedge over it.
Fresh Parsley Gremolata Vinaigrette
- In a screw-top jar combine vinegar, oil, parsley, garlic, lemon peel, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well.
Nutrition Facts (Nicoise Salad Sandwich)
- Per serving:
- 367 kcal ,
- 18 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 28 mg chol. ,
- 652 mg sodium ,
- 26 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 25 g pro.