New York Strips with Gorgonzola Butter
- For Gorgonzola butter, in a small bowl stir together Gorgonzola cheese, cream cheese, butter, and nuts. Shape mixture into a 1-inch-diameter log. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill about 1 hour or until firm.
- Trim fat from steaks. Sprinkle steaks lightly with salt. For a charcoal grill, grill steak on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals to desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. Allow 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (145 degrees F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160 degrees F). (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place steak on grill rack over heat. Cover; grill as directed.)
- To serve, cut butter into eight slices. Place two slices on each steak.
From the Test Kitchen
To toast the nuts, spread them in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, shaking pan once or twice. Watch pine nuts closelythey burn easily.
Test Kitchen Tip
Season steaks generously just a few minutes before grilling. If the salt sits on the surface of the beef any longer, it will start to draw out moisture that can interfere with browning on the grill.
Nutrition Facts (New York Strips with Gorgonzola Butter)
- Per serving:
- 700 kcal ,
- 42 g fat
- (18 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 17 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 216 mg chol. ,
- 429 mg sodium ,
- 1 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 75 g pro.