New Potato-Chicken Soup
- Place chicken in a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Add the next five ingredients (through salt).
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- If using low, turn cooker to high. In a small bowl whisk together the half-and-half and flour; add to soup in cooker. Stir in peas, goat cheese (if using), and thyme. Cover and cook 15 minutes more or until thickened. If desired, top servings with additional crumbled goat cheese and Caramelized Shallots.
- In a medium skillet cook shallots in hot butter over medium heat until golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (New Potato-Chicken Soup)
- Per serving:
- 223 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 79 mg chol. ,
- 477 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 21 g pro.
The recipe was easy and fun to make, but the taste wasn't the best. It was rather bland. The caramelized shallots were the best part and really added something special.
j-dsweeney 455 Days Ago
I used 4 oz of goat cheese and added 4 strips of chopped turkey bacon. It was just what it needed for more flavor. So easy in crock pot. My husband and I loved it.
carolemc631 520 Days Ago
This recipe was not good at all. I know it's hard for low cal recipes to have flavor but this lacked severely in flavor.