Nectarine Shortcakes with Honeyed Yogurt Sauce
- For shortcakes, preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, 3 tablespoons of the sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Add whipping cream; stir with a fork just until the dough comes together. Do not overmix.
- Using a spoon, drop dough in 12 mounds onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 3 inches between mounds. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake about 18 minutes or just until the tops begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small bowl whisk together yogurt and honey.
- Top warm shortcakes with sliced nectarines; spoon sauce over all.
From the Test Kitchen
Feel free to substitute fresh peaches if you prefer.
Nutrition Facts (Nectarine Shortcakes with Honeyed Yogurt Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 206 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 37 mg chol. ,
- 119 mg sodium ,
- 26 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 12 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.