Neapolitan Marshmallow Treats
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges. Lightly butter foil.
- For vanilla layer, in a 4- to 6-quart Dutch oven melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over low heat. Add 3 cups of the tiny marshmallows; cook and stir until melted. Stir in 2 cups of the marshmallow creme and the vanilla. Remove from heat. Gently stir in 5 cups of the plain cereal. Transfer to prepared pan; use buttered waxed paper to press firmly.
- For chocolate layer, in same Dutch oven melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over low heat. Add remaining tiny marshmallows; cook and stir until melted. Stir in 2 cups of the marshmallow creme and the chocolate pieces. Remove from heat. Gently stir in chocolate cereal. Spoon onto vanilla layer; press firmly.
- For strawberry layer, in same Dutch oven melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over low heat. Add strawberry marshmallows and jelly; cook and stir until melted. Stir in remaining marshmallow creme and food coloring. Remove from heat. Gently stir in remaining 5 cups plain cereal. Spoon onto chocolate layer; press firmly.
- Weight cookies down so layers press together;* let stand at least 1 hour. Using foil liner, lift cookies out of pan. Using a buttered knife, cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Wrap bars individually in plastic wrap and place in an airtight container. Store at room temperature up to 1 week.
To weight the cookies down, cover the surface with a sheet of waxed paper and a sheet of foil. Place another 13x9-inch baking pan on top of cookies; add a few unopened cans of food to the top pan for weight.
Nutrition Facts (Neapolitan Marshmallow Treats )
- Per serving:
- 288 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 8 mg chol. ,
- 228 mg sodium ,
- 60 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 33 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.