Mustard-Lemon Pork with Root Vegetables
- Trim fat from pork roast. If necessary, cut roast to fit into a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Arrange carrots, parsnips, shallots, and garlic in bottom of cooker. Place roast on vegetables in cooker. Pour broth and 1/3 cup of the apple juice around roast. In a small bowl stir together the mustard, lemon peel, dried thyme, and pepper; brush over roast.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- Transfer roast and vegetables to a serving platter, reserving cooking liquid. Slice roast; cover to keep warm.
- For sauce, strain cooking liquid and skim off fat. Transfer liquid to a small saucepan. In a small bowl combine remaining 1/3 cup apple juice, the cornstarch, lemon juice, and snipped fresh thyme; stir into liquid in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Serve sauce with roast and vegetables. If desired, garnish with thyme sprigs and/or lemon wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
For easy cleanup, line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts (Mustard-Lemon Pork with Root Vegetables)
- Per serving:
- 337 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 102 mg chol. ,
- 353 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 9 g sugar ,
- 34 g pro.