Mushroom, Asparagus, and Italian Cheese Omelets
- In a large bowl combine egg product, the water, parsley, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, asparagus, sweet pepper, green onions, and garlic. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are beginning to brown and asparagus is just tender, stirring frequently. Remove vegetables from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- For omelet, heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet with flared sides over medium-high heat until skillet is hot. Add 1 teaspoon of the oil, swirling to coat bottom of skillet. Add one-fourth of the egg mixture (about 1/2 cup); reduce heat to medium. Immediately begin stirring egg mixture gently but continuously with a wooden spoon or heat-proof rubber spatula until mixture resembles small pieces of cooked egg surrounded by liquid egg. Stop stirring. Cook for 30 to 60 seconds more or until egg mixture is set.
- Spoon one-fourth of the vegetables onto half of the omelet. Sprinkle with one-fourth of the cheese. Using the spoon or spatula, lift and fold the unfilled half of the omelet over filling. Gently slide omelet out of skillet onto a warm plate. Cover with foil; keep warm. Repeat to make three more omelets, using the remaining oil, egg mixture, vegetables, and cheese.
From the Test Kitchen
mushrooms: $0.75, asparagus: $2.00, red sweet pepper: $0.50, green onions: $0.29, egg product: $3.19, parsley: $0.10, cheese blend: $1.08, garlic: $0.08. Total: $7.99/$2.00 per serving
Nutrition Facts (Mushroom, Asparagus, and Italian Cheese Omelets)
- Per serving:
- 201 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 11 mg chol. ,
- 422 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 19 g pro.