- Pour milk into a 6-qt. Instant Pot electric pressure cooker with a Yogurt setting. Lock lid in place; set pressure valve to "Sealing." Press "Yogurt" button to select the yogurt program. Press "Adjust" button to "More" mode; the word "boil" will appear on the display. The cooker will take about 25 minutes to heat the milk to 180 degrees F. When cycle is complete, cooker will beep and display "yogt." Open lid. Use a quick-read thermometer to make sure the milk registers 180 degrees F.
- Transfer cooker insert to a large bowl of ice water. Stir milk 2 to 3 minutes or until it cools to 115 degrees F. In a small bowl whisk together 1 cup of the cooled milk and the Greek yogurt until smooth. While whisking constantly, slowly pour milk-yogurt mixture into remaining cooled milk in cooker insert.
- Return insert to cooker base. Lock lid in place; set pressure valve to "Sealing." Press "Yogurt" button, press "Adjust" button to "Normal" mode, and use the "+" button to set for 8 hours. When cycle is complete, cooker will beep and display "yogt." Open lid.
- Divide yogurt among four storage containers and chill 3 hours. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
From the Test Kitchen
You can substitute commercial yogurt starter for the Greek yogurt according to the package directions.
For a thicker, creamier yogurt, transfer chilled yogurt to a strainer lined with two layers of 100%-cotton cheesecloth or a clean coffee filter set over a bowl. Cover and chill 3 to 4 hours more or until yogurt reaches desired consistency.
Prepare as directed, except stir 1/2 to 1 Tbsp. honey or sugar (if desired) and 3/4 tsp. vanilla into each container before serving.
Per serving: same as above.
Nutrition Facts (Multicooker Yogurt)
- Per serving:
- 76 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 12 mg chol. ,
- 53 mg sodium ,
- 6 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.