Onion Corn Cake
- Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium skillet cook onion and garlic in margarine or butter over medium heat until onion just begins to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl stir together muffin mix, egg, milk, and bottled hot pepper sauce. Spread mixture evenly inito prepared pan.
- Stir sour cream, half of the cheese, and sage into onion mixture. Spoon mixture evenly over batter in pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 425 degree F oven about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack. Serve warm. Makes 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Onion Corn Cake)
- Per serving:
- 239 kcal
- 14 g
- (6 g
- 49 mg
- 305 mg
- 21 g
- 0 g
- 7 g