Cranberry Apple Muffins
- Grease twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups. Set muffin cups aside.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together cranberry sauce and orange peel. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of dry mixture.
- In another medium mixing bowl combine egg, milk, and oil. Add all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in apple.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Make an indentation in the center of each with the back of a spoon. Spoon 2 teaspoons of cranberry mixture into each indentation. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Then remove muffins from muffin cups. Serve warm. Makes 12 muffins.
From the Test Kitchen
Wrap cooled muffins tightly with heavy foil and freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, wrap frozen muffins tightly in heavy foil. Heat in a 300 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until warm.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry Apple Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 172 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 18 mg chol. ,
- 117 mg sodium ,
- 26 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g pro.