Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins
- Grease twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line them with paper bake cups.
- Beat cream cheese, the 2 tablespoons sugar, and the egg yolk in a small mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Set aside.
- Stir together flour, the 1/2 cup sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; set aside.
- Combine the whole egg, milk, and oil in another medium mixing bowl. Add egg mixture all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in walnuts.
- Spoon half of the batter into prepared muffin cups (about 1 tablespoon in each muffin cup). Spoon about 1-1/2 teaspoons cream cheese mixture on top of the batter in each cup. Spoon remaining batter into muffin cups, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until tops are dry. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from muffin cups. Sift powdered sugar over top of each muffin. Serve warm or cool. Cover and store any leftovers in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Makes 12 muffins.
From the Test Kitchen
Bake muffins as directed; cool completely. Place muffins in a freezer container or bag, and freeze up to 3 months. To serve, wrap the frozen muffins in foil; bake in a 300 degree F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until warm.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 218 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 45 mg chol. ,
- 141 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 4 g pro.