Mrs. D's Viennese Crescent Cookies
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Gradually beat in flour until combined. Stir in ground almonds.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball into a 3-inch log; curve into a crescent shape. Place 1 to 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake about 20 minutes or just until light brown. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place powdered sugar in a small bowl. Carefully roll warm cookies in powdered sugar to coat. Cool completely on wire racks. Roll cookies in powdered sugar a second time to coat.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Mrs. D's Viennese Crescent Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 112 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 14 mg chol. ,
- 45 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.