- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine meat, onions, carrots, tomatoes, broth, cumin, turmeric, and, if desired, crushed red pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions, adding currants to the pan.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer meat mixture to a serving bowl; keep warm. Skim off fat from cooking liquid; pour skimmed cooking liquid over lamb mixture.
- With a fork fluff couscous mixture just before serving. Serve meat mixture with couscous mixture. If desired, top each serving with yogurt and mint.
Nutrition Facts (Moroccan-Style Lamb)
- Per serving:
- 404 kcal
- 15 g
- (7 g
- 1 g
- 6 g
- 74 mg
- 354 mg
- 40 g
- 7 g
- 7 g
- 29 g