Moroccan-Spiced Deep-Dish Pizza
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface roll dough to a 13-inch circle. Brush olive oil on the inside of a 12-inch cast-iron or oven-going skillet. Sprinkle inside of skillet with cornmeal. Place dough circle in the skillet, pressing up the sides about 1 1/2 inches. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up sausage with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain off fat. Stir in tomato sauce and spice mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 7 to 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Layer half of the mozzarella, mushrooms, sweet pepper, and onion over dough in skillet. Spoon sauce over. Top with remaining mozzarella, vegetables, and Parmesan. Bake about 30 minutes or until crust is browned and filling is bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.
Morrocan Spice Mix
- Shake everything together in a small jar, cover and store in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
Nutrition Facts (Moroccan-Spiced Deep-Dish Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 594 kcal ,
- 29 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 71 mg chol. ,
- 1437 mg sodium ,
- 52 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 32 g pro.
Tori Correll 1236 Days Ago
I made it tonight. Worth it! I may use these spices and sauce for future day-to-day homemade pizzas. This was a home run!