Moroccan Chicken with Couscous
- In a large resealable plastic bag combine the chicken and Moroccan Spice Mix. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook chicken over medium heat about 5 minutes or just until brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in undrained tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and zucchini. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and zucchini is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan bring broth just to boiling. Stir in couscous and currants. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in pine nuts.
- Serve chicken over couscous mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Moroccan Spice Mix
- In a small bowl combine cumin, brown sugar, orange peel, coriander, salt, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and ginger.
Nutrition Facts (Moroccan Chicken with Couscous)
- Per serving:
- 392 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 81 mg chol. ,
- 493 mg sodium ,
- 47 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 12 g sugar ,
- 28 g pro.
ALR10051676DW 229 Days Ago
MINOUCHKA -- This is a winner recipe. Soooooo easy and soooooo tasty. Ago-to meal. YUMMY!
Patty Horne-Brine 886 Days Ago
This was delicious! I used toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) instead of pine nuts,added chopped zucchini, and also chopped dried apricots instead of currants......couscous with bits of fruit is marvelous! What a substantial, beautiful dish!
grmom2 1595 Days Ago
Please fix the recipe - print the Moroccan Spice Mix