Mondo Short Rib Sandwiches
- In bowl combine dried tomatoes, garlic powder, oregano, dill, rosemary, 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, and 1/2 tsp. black pepper. Sprinkle short ribs with mixture.
- Heat oil in a 5- to 6-qt. Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef ribs, in batches if necessary, and cook about 8 minutes or until browned on all sides. Add broth and vinegar. Arrange onion over ribs in pot. Bring to boiling. Cover; reduce heat. Simmer about 21/2 hours or until ribs are tender and meat pulls away from bone. Remove meat; discard bones. Meanwhile, prepare Garlic Mash.
- Transfer meat and onion to cutting board; cover to keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid.
- Thickly slice rib meat across the grain. Spread Garlic Mash on cut side of each roll bottom. Top with meat, a drizzling of pan juices, onion, blue cheese, and basil. Add roll tops. Serve with remaining pan juices for dipping.
- Slice off top third of garlic bulbs; discard. Place bulbs on a piece of foil; drizzle with 1 tsp. olive oil each. Close foil around garlic to form a tight pouch. Place on a baking sheet and roast about 45 minutes or until tender; cool slightly.
- Remove garlic from foil; squeeze garlic cloves from skins and mash with a fork. Stir in kosher salt and smoked black pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Mondo Short Rib Sandwiches)
- Per serving:
- 869 kcal ,
- 64 g fat
- (27 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 29 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 135 mg chol. ,
- 869 mg sodium ,
- 34 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 36 g pro.
Anonymous 763 Days Ago
Skinny Sammies. I was hoping for 4 sandwiches, and it will be a close call. Made everything according to recipe. I would cut the vinegar in half, at least. Although I added 2 cups of broth, it stills seems a bit sour. Not that flavorful, or tasty, considering the time put in. And, I didn't know that short ribs were so fatty. All in all, not worth the time to ever make this recipe again. Too bad, I was looking forward to it.