Recipes and Cooking Mom's Ribbon Gelatin 4.3 (9) 1 Review By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on August 28, 2012 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 35 mins Chill Time: 4 hrs 30 mins Total Time: 5 hrs 5 mins Yield: 48 pieces Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 1 6-ounce package each black cherry-, berry blue-, lime-, mango- (or orange-), and strawberry-flavor gelatin Boiling water 3 ⅓ cup sour cream Directions In a medium bowl or 4-cup glass measuring cup combine black cherry gelatin and 2 cups boiling water, stirring until gelatin is dissolved. Pour 1-3/4 cups of the gelatin mixture into a 3-quart rectangular baking dish, spreading in a thin layer to cover bottom of dish. Chill for 30 to 45 minutes or until firm. Stir 2/3 cup of the sour cream into the remaining gelatin mixture. Gently spread sour cream-gelatin mixture over gelatin layer in dish. Chill about 30 minutes or until firm but still tacky. Meanwhile, combine berry blue gelatin and 2 cups boiling water; cool to room temperature. Spread 1-3/4 cups of the mixture over layers in dish; chill until firm. Stir 2/3 cup sour cream into the remaining gelatin mixture; spread over layers in dish and chill until firm but still tacky. Repeat with the remaining flavors of gelatin and the remaining sour cream. Cover and chill overnight. To serve, cut gelatin into 1-1/2-inch cubes. Tips For a rainbow effect, layer the flavors of gelatin in the order listed. For Christmas, try alternating layers of cherry- and lime-flavor gelatin. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 93 Calories 3g Fat 16g Carbs 2g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 93 % Daily Value * Total Fat 3g 4% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 7mg 2% Sodium 93mg 4% Total Carbohydrate 16g 6% Total Sugars 16g Protein 2g Calcium 20.2mg 2% Potassium 20mg 0% Vitamin B-12 0.1mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.