Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Generously butter eight 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups. For filling, in a small saucepan combine the 1 1/4 cups chocolate pieces, whipping cream, and the 1 tablespoon butter. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until it reaches a fudgelike consistency.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a saucepan combine the 3/4 cup chocolate pieces and the 1/2 cup butter. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth; cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 5 minutes. Beat in flour and cooled chocolate mixture. Spoon enough batter into each ramekin to measure 1 inch in depth.
- Form chilled filling into eight portions. Working quickly, use your hands to roll each portion into a ball. Place a ball of filling on top of the batter in each ramekin; do not allow the filling to touch the sides of the ramekins. Gently spoon remaining batter over filling to cover.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand for 10 minutes. Using a knife, loosen cakes from sides of ramekins. Invert onto dessert plates. Serve immediately with fresh raspberries. If desired, serve with small scoops of vanilla ice cream.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed through Step 4. Cover; chill until ready to bake or up to 4 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Molten Chocolate Cakes)
- Per serving:
- 490 kcal ,
- 34 g fat
- (20 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 161 mg chol. ,
- 138 mg sodium ,
- 47 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 37 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.