Mojo Pork Fajitas with Orange-Avocado Salsa
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine olive oil, the 1/4 cup onion, lime juice, orange juice, cumin, oregano, and garlic. Trim fat from meat. Place meat in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over meat; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain meat, reserving marinade. Brush sweet pepper halves and onion slices with some of the marinade; discard the remaining marinade.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium-high heat above the pan. Place meat on the grill rack over pan. Place pepper halves and onion slices on the grill directly over coals. Cover and grill for 8 to 10 minutes for peppers and 10 to 12 minutes for onions or until vegetables are crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Remove vegetables from grill; keep warm. Grill meat, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes more or until a meat thermometer registers 155 degrees F. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-high. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill vegetables and meat as directed.)
- Remove meat from grill. Cover with foil and let stand for 10 minutes. (Temperature of the meat will rise 10 degrees F during standing.) Meanwhile, if desired or if skin of peppers is too charred, peel skin from peppers. Cut peppers into thin strips and chop onions. Slice meat. Serve meat and vegetables on warm tortillas with Orange-Avocado Salsa and sour cream. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
Wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Place on edge of grill rack for 10 minutes, turning once.
- In a medium bowl combine oranges, avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, and salt. If desired, cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Mojo Pork Fajitas with Orange-Avocado Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 739 kcal ,
- 32 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 18 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 80 mg chol. ,
- 723 mg sodium ,
- 80 g carb. ,
- 8 g fiber ,
- 15 g sugar ,
- 36 g pro.