Mojo Chicken Drummies with Cilantro-Mango Sauce
- Cut off and discard tips of chicken wings. Cut wings at joints to make 24 pieces. Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, in a medium bowl combine next 10 ingredients (through cumin). Remove 1/2 cup of the marinade for sauce; cover and chill until needed.
- Pour remaining marinade over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator 2 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Arrange chicken on the unheated rack of a large broiler pan. Bake 25 minutes or until golden, turning once.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a blender combine reserved 1/2 cup marinade, mango, onion, and cilantro. Cover and blend until smooth. If desired, arrange chicken on a bed of orange slices. Serve chicken with sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
If you can find them, use 2 pounds chicken wing drummettes (about 24) instead of the chicken wings. That way, you won't have to do any cutting.
Chile peppers contain oils that can irritate your skin and eyes. Wear plastic or rubber gloves when working with them.
Nutrition Facts (Mojo Chicken Drummies with Cilantro-Mango Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 278 kcal ,
- 20 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 97 mg chol. ,
- 283 mg sodium ,
- 9 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 17 g pro.