- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together cookie mix, butter, egg, and mint extract until a soft dough forms. Stir in chopped chocolate-mint candies.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Place a coating disk on top of each cookie. Cool cookies on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Look for green candy coating disks or wafers in the cake decorating section of hobby and craft stores, the most common brand being Wilton.
Nutrition Facts (Mint-Chocolate Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 112 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 12 mg chol. ,
- 64 mg sodium ,
- 15 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.