Mini Turkey Meatballs
- In a small bowl stir together egg, applesauce, carrot, green onions, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine turkey and bread crumbs. Fold egg mixture into turkey mixture; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. (This step is important for the bread crumbs to absorb moisture and flavor.)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; set aside. Shape turkey mixture into 36 meatballs, each about 1 inch in diameter. Place meatballs on prepared baking pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink (165 degrees F).
- Serve meatballs with spaghetti and sauce or as a pizza topper.
From the Test Kitchen
For easy shaping, turn the turkey mixture onto waxed paper. Pat it into a 9x8-inch rectangle, then cut 36 equal-size squares. Roll the squares into balls. Or shape meatballs by using a small cookie scoop, occasionally dipping the scoop into water to prevent the meat from sticking.
Make a big batch of meatballs, cook them all, and freeze some for later. To freeze, place meatballs in a single layer on a baking sheet or tray. Place them in the freezer for several hours, then pack them in resealable freezer bags, squeezing out excess air. Label and date the bag. Freeze and use within 2 months. To serve the frozen cooked meatballs, preheat oven to 350 degrees F; line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil. Place frozen meatballs on pan and bake about 12 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts (Mini Turkey Meatballs)
- Per serving:
- 116 kcal ,
- 2 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 68 mg chol. ,
- 279 mg sodium ,
- 5 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 19 g pro.