Mini Turkey Meat Loaves with Walnut-Parsley Gremolata
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper or foil; if using foil, coat with cooking spray. Set pan aside. In a large bowl beat egg whites with a fork. Stir in mushrooms, rolled oats, dried tomatoes, onion, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper. Add ground turkey; mix well.
- Divide meat mixture into four equal portions. Shape each portion into a 4-inch oval that is about 2 1/2 inches wide in the center. Place in the prepared baking pan, leaving 2 inches between loaves.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until internal temperature in center of loaves registers 165 degrees F.*
- Meanwhile, for gremolata, in a small bowl stir together parsley, walnuts, oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, and the 1/8 teaspoon salt. To serve, transfer each meat loaf to a serving plate. Top evenly with gremolata.
From the Test Kitchen
The internal color of meat loaf is not a reliable doneness indicator. A turkey loaf cooked to 165 degrees F is safe, regardless of color.
Nutrition Facts (Mini Turkey Meat Loaves with Walnut-Parsley Gremolata)
- Per serving:
- 270 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 68 mg chol. ,
- 479 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 30 g pro.