Mini Turkey Meat Loaves with Fiery Tunisian Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the next seven ingredients (through pepper). Add ground turkey and pork; mix well. Lightly press mixture into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 30 minutes. Spoon 2 teaspoons of the Fiery Tunisian Sauce over each loaf. Bake 10 minutes more or until turkey is done (165 degrees F).
- Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve with remaining sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
Serve over cauliflower rice.
Fiery Tunisian Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, and tomatoes on foil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until pepper skins are evenly charred. Remove from oven; set tomatoes aside. Wrap foil up around pepper halves to fully enclose. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine dates and boiling water. Cover; let stand 10 minutes. When peppers are cool enough to handle, use a small, sharp knife to peel off skin.
- In a food processor or blender combine undrained dates, sweet pepper, tomatoes, oil, tomato paste, garlic, salt, coriander, cayenne pepper, cumin, and allspice. Cover and process or blend until smooth, scraping sides of container as needed.
Nutrition Facts (Mini Turkey Meat Loaves with Fiery Tunisian Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 412 kcal ,
- 24 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 126 mg chol. ,
- 568 mg sodium ,
- 14 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 37 g pro.