Mini Maple Pecan Pies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. For pastry, in a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup vegetable oil spread with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in flour on low speed just until combined. Shape pastry into 12 balls. Press pastry balls onto the bottoms and up the sides of 12 ungreased 2 1/2-inch muffin cups (pastry will be thin). Bake for 15 minutes (pastry will shrink slightly as it bakes).
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl whisk together egg, sugar, maple syrup, 1 tablespoon melted vegetable oil spread, and vanilla until combined. Stir in 2/3 cup chopped pecans. Divide filling evenly among pastry-lined muffin cups. If desired, top each with a pecan half.
- Bake about 30 minutes more or until pastry is golden and filling is puffed. Cool pies in muffin cups for 5 minutes. Carefully remove from muffin cups. Serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
Choose Splenda Sugar Blend. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar.
PER MINI PIE WITH SUBSTITUTE: Same as basic recipe, except 173 cal., 16 g carb.
Choose from sugar-free or light maple-flavor syrup or agave nectar plus 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring (if desired).
PER MINI PIE WITH SUGAR-FREE MAPLE-FLAVOR SYRUP: Same as basic recipe, except 159 cal., 97 mg sodium, 13 g carb.
PER MINI PIE WITH AGAVE NECTAR: Same as basic recipe, except 176 cal., 88 mg sodium, 17 g carb.
Cool mini pies completely. Place in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Mini Maple Pecan Pies)
- Per serving:
- 182 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 7 mg chol. ,
- 89 mg sodium ,
- 19 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.