Mini Flourless Chocolate Cakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. If you wish to unmold the cakes, grease nine 6-ounce custard cups. Line bottoms of cups with waxed paper. Grease the waxed paper. Dust the inside of the cups with cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 5 to 7 minutes or until thick. Reduce speed to medium; beat in butter and liqueur until blended. (Batter may look curdled, which is okay.) Beat in 6 ounces melted chocolate and vanilla until well combined. Pour 1/2 cup batter into each cup. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, just until set.
- Cool cakes on a wire rack 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for ganache, in a small saucepan bring 1/3 cup whipping cream just to boiling. Remove from heat. Add 3 ounces chopped chocolate (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve cakes warm in the custard cups or gently unmold, keeping upright. Top with unsweetened whipped cream, raspberries, and chocolate ganache, if desired.
Nutrition Facts (Mini Flourless Chocolate Cakes)
- Per serving:
- 516 kcal ,
- 37 g fat
- (22 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 171 mg chol. ,
- 47 mg sodium ,
- 42 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 37 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.
Peter Salyards 1111 Days Ago
I did not have any Kahlua, so I used a chocolate liqueur and some strong coffee. I also made a simple, seedless raspberry sauce to drizzle on it after the ganache. Now everybody that I serve this to thinks I'm a chocolate dessert god. 5 1/2 stars