Milk Chocolate Stocking Brownies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Coat foil with cooking spray. In a small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium saucepan heat and stir butter, 1/2 cup of the milk chocolate pieces, and the unsweetened chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in sugar and vanilla until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition. Stir in flour mixture just until combined. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk chocolate pieces. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading evenly. Bake 25 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread brownies with Caramel Frosting. Fill a small heavy resealable plastic bag with the melted chocolate. Snip off a small corner. Pipe chocolate in diagonal lines across the brownies. Give pan a one-quarter turn. Pipe remaining chocolate in diagonal lines across brownies forming a crosshatch pattern. Chill until set. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut brownies out of pan. Transfer to a cutting board. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place brownies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
- In a large mixing bowl beat softened butter with a mixer on medium until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup powdered sugar, beating well. Slowly beat in caramel ice cream topping and salt. Gradually beat in remaining 2 cups powdered sugar. Beat in enough milk to make of spreading consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Milk Chocolate Stocking Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 314 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 53 mg chol. ,
- 180 mg sodium ,
- 45 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 38 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.