Recipes and Cooking Mexican Hot Coffee Cocktails Be the first to rate & review! Topped with espresso whipped cream, this spiked coffee will quickly become one of your favorite cocktails. Perfect for a chilly evening, everyone will love this easy cocktail recipe. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on July 16, 2019 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Start To Finish Time: 15 mins Servings: 6 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 6 cup prepared coffee 2 tablespoon superfine or regular granulated sugar ¼ teaspoon ground Mexican or regular cinnamon ⅛ teaspoon ground ancho chile pepper or cayenne pepper Chocolate-flavor syrup ¾ cup (6 oz.) coffee liqueur, such as Kahlua 6 tablespoon (3 oz.) tequila, rum, or brandy 1 recipe Coffee Whipped Cream 12 chocolate-covered coffee beans Coffee Whipped Cream ½ cup whipping cream 1 teaspoon sugar ¼ teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder Directions Pour coffee into a 2-qt. insulated bottle to keep hot. In a shallow dish stir together sugar, cinnamon, and ground ancho pepper. Wet rims of glass coffee mugs or brandy snifters with water and dip into sugar mixture to coat. For each cocktail, squeeze a little chocolate syrup in a design in bottom of a rimmed mug or glass. Add 2 Tbsp. liqueur and 1 Tbsp. tequila. Add coffee, filling mug or glass three-fourths full. Top with Coffee Whipped Cream and coffee beans. Coffee Whipped Cream In a medium mixing bowl combine whipping cream, sugar and instant espresso coffee powder. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 250 Calories 8g Fat 25g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 6 Calories 250 % Daily Value * Total Fat 8g 10% Saturated Fat 5g 25% Cholesterol 23mg 8% Sodium 16mg 1% Total Carbohydrate 25g 9% Total Sugars 21g Protein 1g Vitamin C 0.2mg 1% Calcium 22mg 2% Iron 0.2mg 1% Potassium 158mg 3% Folate, total 5.7mcg Vitamin B-12 0mcg Vitamin B-6 0mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.