Mexican Chocolate Pots de Creme
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium heavy saucepan cook and stir 1/3 cup of the cream and the chocolate over low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in remaining 1 2/3 cups cream and the cinnamon.
- In a large bowl whisk together next five ingredients (through almond extract). Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture. Pour into eight 4-ounce ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a 13x9-inch baking pan; place pan on oven rack. Pour enough boiling water into baking pan to reach halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Bake 25 minutes or until centers appear set when gently shaken. Remove ramekins from water. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. If desired, sprinkle with cocoa powder and/or additional cinnamon.
From the Test Kitchen
To Make Ahead
Cover cooled pots de creme and chill up to 6 hours. Before serving, let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (Mexican Chocolate Pots de Creme)
- Per serving:
- 324 kcal ,
- 28 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 216 mg chol. ,
- 109 mg sodium ,
- 15 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 12 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.