Mexican Chocolate Pots de Creme
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium heavy saucepan heat and stir 1/3 cup of the whipping cream and the chocolate over low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in the remaining 1 2/3 cups whipping cream and the the cinnamon.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, almond extract, and salt. Gradually whisk the cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture. Pour into eight 4-ounce ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan or 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Place pan on oven rack. Pour enough boiling water into the baking pan to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until centers appear set when gently shaken. Carefully remove ramekins from water. Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack before serving. If desired, sprinkle with additional ground cinnamon.
From the Test Kitchen
To Make Ahead:
Cover cooled pots de creme. Store in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours. Before serving, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (Mexican Chocolate Pots de Creme)
- Per serving:
- 324 kcal ,
- 28 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 216 mg chol. ,
- 109 mg sodium ,
- 15 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 12 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.