Stir-Fried Pork Salad with Peaches
- Trim fat from the pork. Partially freeze the pork about 30 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain into bite-size pieces. Set pork aside. Toss peach slices with lemon juice to prevent darkening. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small mixing bowl stir together the chicken broth, maple syrup, cornstarch, chives, peach brandy, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine Boston or Bibb lettuce, escarole or curly endive, and radicchio or shredded red cabbage. Toss lightly to mix. Divide the greens among 4 dinner plates. Arrange peach slices on greens. Set plates aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat wok over medium-high heat. Add pork to the wok and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Push the pork from the center of the wok. Stir the sauce; add to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in pork to coat with sauce. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until heated through.
- Spoon the hot pork mixture atop the greens and peaches on each dinner plate. Sprinkle with the almonds. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To toast 1/4 cup or less of nuts, place the nuts in a small skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until nuts are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts (Stir-Fried Pork Salad with Peaches)
- Per serving:
- 323 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 38 mg chol. ,
- 342 mg sodium ,
- 33 g carb. ,
- 16 g pro.