Spicy Thai Ginger Beef
- Trim fat from beef. Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across grain into bite-size strips. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together fish sauce, water, lime peel, lime juice, and sugar. Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry zucchini in hot oil for 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove zucchini from the wok. Add green onions to the hot wok; stir-fry for 1 -1/2 minutes. Remove green onions from the wok.
- Add jalapeno pepper, ginger, and garlic to the hot wok. Stir-fry for 15 seconds. Add beef; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Return zucchini and green onions to the wok.
- Add sauce. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve immediately with hot cooked rice sticks or rice. Sprinkle with cilantro. Makes 3 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare vegetables; cover and chill up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Spicy Thai Ginger Beef)
- Per serving:
- 339 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 74 mg chol. ,
- 242 mg sodium ,
- 30 g carb. ,
- 31 g pro.