Saucy Spaghetti Squash Ole
- Halve the spaghetti squash lengthwise and remove seeds. Place, cut side down, on a baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until tender.
- Use a fork to shred and separate the spaghetti squash into strands.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a large skillet cook beef, onion, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Stir in cornstarch. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato juice, corn, chili powder, and oregano. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- To serve, spoon meat mixture over spaghetti squash and top with cheese. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Place squash halves, cut side down, in a baking dish with 1/4 cup water. Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power (high) for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, rearranging once. Continue as above. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Saucy Spaghetti Squash Ole)
- Per serving:
- 314 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- 92 mg chol. ,
- 733 mg sodium ,
- 17 g carb. ,
- 30 g pro.