Pork Medallions with Vegetables
- Cut pork tenderloin crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Place one slice of pork between two pieces of clear plastic wrap. Working from the center to the edges, pound lightly with a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap. Repeat with each remaining pork slice; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine onion, celery, carrots, garlic, the 1 cup water, bouillon granules, tarragon, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir together cornstarch and remaining water. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, spray a 10-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Cook half of the pork slices over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until thoroughly cooked. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining pork slices.
- To serve, spoon vegetable mixture onto a serving platter. Place pork slices atop vegetables. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare vegetables; cover and chill up to 4 hours before using.
Nutrition Facts (Pork Medallions with Vegetables)
- Per serving:
- 154 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- 59 mg chol. ,
- 264 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 20 g pro.