- Trim fat from steak. Please steak in a self-sealing plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Cover and refrigerate pineapple for sauce.
- For marinade, in a small bowl, stir together the reserved pineapple juice, green onion, teriyaki sauce, garlic, and ginger.
- Pour marinade over steak; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain steak, reserving the marinade.
- Place steak on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat until desired doneness, turning once halfway through broiling. (Allow 18 to 20 minutes total for medium-rare doneness.)
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the reserved marinade and pineapple. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cut steak into serving-size pieces. Top with sauce. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
1/2 fruit, 4 very lean meat.
Nutrition Facts (Pineapple-Teriyaki Beef)
- Per serving:
- 186 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 62 mg chol. ,
- 183 mg sodium ,
- 7 g carb. ,
- 29 g pro.