Mustard-Rubbed Pork Loin with Rhubarb Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Use a sharp knife to score the top and bottom of roast in a diamond pattern, making cuts about 1/4 inch deep. Combine mustard, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Rub the mustard mixture evenly onto all sides of meat. Insert a meat thermometer near the center of the roast. Place roast on a rack in a shallow pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until the thermometer registers 155 degrees F. Remove roast to a platter, cover with foil, and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Or, to grill pork, arrange coals for indirect grilling in a grill with a cover. Test for medium-low heat where the meat will cook. Place roast in a roasting pan on the grill rack. Cover; grill 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until meat thermometer registers 155 degrees F, adding pre lit coals as necessary to maintain heat. Remove meat from grill. Cover with foil and let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for Rhubarb Sauce, stir rhubarb, orange juice, vinegar, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until rhubarb is very tender. Serve warm.
- To serve, slice the roast and serve with warm Rhubarb Sauce. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Cover and chill any leftovers for up to three days.
Nutrition Facts (Mustard-Rubbed Pork Loin with Rhubarb Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 195 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 364 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 17 g pro.