- In a large skillet cook sausage and onion until sausage is cooked through; drain well. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- For filling, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Grease a 2-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.
- Place noodles on a clean surface. Spread cheese filling evenly over noodles. Sprinkle sausage mixture and mushrooms on top. Roll up each noodle into a spiral. Place lasagna rolls, seam sides down, in the prepared baking dish; set aside.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan melt butter. Stir in flour, tarragon, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add milk. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese. Pour sauce over pasta spirals. Cover and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 minutes. Remove cover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese. Bake about 10 minutes more or until heated through. Makes 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare pasta spirals and sauce as directed. Pour sauce over rolls. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. To serve, cover and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes more or until heated through.
2 starch, 2-1/2 high-fat meat.
Nutrition Facts (Lasagna Blanca)
- Per serving:
- 319 kcal ,
- 19 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 47 mg chol. ,
- 404 mg sodium ,
- 17 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 15 g pro.