Grecian Lamb Kabobs
- For marinade, combine oil, lemon juice, chives, oregano, water, and garlic. Trim fat from meat; place meat in plastic bag set into a shallow dish. Add marinade; seal bag. Turn meat to coat well. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning meat occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook onion wedges in a small amount of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- Remove meat from bag, reserving marinade. On eight short or four long skewers alternately thread lamb or pork cubes with onion, pepper, and mushrooms, leaving about 1/4 inch space between each.
- Grill kabobs on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 14 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once and brushing with marinade once halfway through grilling.
- Serve over hot cooked couscous and garnish with fresh oregano, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To grill by indirect heat:
Arrange preheated coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place skewers on grill over drip pan. Cover and grill for 16 to 18 minutes or until desired doneness, brushing with reserved marinade halfway through cooking time.
Nutrition Facts (Grecian Lamb Kabobs)
- Per serving:
- 177 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 57 mg chol. ,
- 46 mg sodium ,
- 5 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 19 g pro.