Cashew Pork and Broccoli
- Trim fat from pork. Partially freeze pork. Thinly slice across grain into bite-size strips. In a medium bowl stir together pork, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together hoisin sauce, water, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and crushed red pepper. Set sauce aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry onions and celery in hot oil for 1 minute. Add broccoli; stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok.
- Add pork mixture to the hot wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Push pork from the center of the wok.
- Stir sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to the wok. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cover and cook for 1 minute more or until heated through. Serve immediately with hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with cashews. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare vegetables; cover and chill up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Cashew Pork and Broccoli)
- Per serving:
- 480 kcal ,
- 26 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 38 mg chol. ,
- 1554 mg sodium ,
- 42 g carb. ,
- 21 g pro.