Beef and Vegetables in Oyster Sauce
- Trim fat from beef. Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across grain into bite-size strips. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together oyster sauce, soy sauce, and pepper. Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds. Add onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add bok choy and pea pods; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok.
- Add half of the beef to the hot wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until done. Remove beef from the wok. Repeat with remaining beef. Return all of the beef to the wok. Push the beef from the center of the wok.
- Stir the sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to the wok. Add tomatoes. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare vegetables; cover and chill up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Beef and Vegetables in Oyster Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 382 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 77 mg chol. ,
- 883 mg sodium ,
- 39 g carb. ,
- 34 g pro.