Mashed Potato Veggie Strata
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a large saucepan cook potatoes in enough lightly salted water to cover for 20 to 25 minutes, until tender. Drain potatoes. Return to saucepan, mash with potato masher, ricer, or mixer. Evenly spread potatoes in prepared baking dish.
- In a blender or small food processor, blend or process roasted sweet peppers until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Whisk in sour cream, pesto, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth. Spread sweet pepper mixture on potatoes.
- In a 12-inch skillet cook zucchini, summer squash, sweet peppers, and onion in hot oil over medium-high heat until crisp-tender. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Spoon vegetables on the roasted pepper layer. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes, until heated through. Let stand 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Mashed Potato Veggie Strata)
- Per serving:
- 269 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 36 mg chol. ,
- 598 mg sodium ,
- 27 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 9 g pro.
Kathy Steve Kienle 1734 Days Ago
This was excellent. I made it a little easier by using Mashed Potato Steamers from the frozen isle for the bottom layer.