Mascarpone-Fruitcake Bread Pudding
- Grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat mascarpone cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add half-and-half and milk, beating on low speed until combined.
- Pour mascarpone mixture into the prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Top with half of the bread cubes, all of the fruitcake cubes, and the remaining bread cubes. Press down gently with the back of a large spoon to moisten all of the ingredients. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until set and golden. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Serve warm. Top each serving with Sweetened Whipped Cream and, if desired, sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
From the Test Kitchen
To dry bread cubes, preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Spread bread cubes in a single layer in a large shallow baking pan. Bake about 15 minutes or until dry, tossing once. Cool completely.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- In a chilled mixing bowl combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Nutrition Facts (Mascarpone-Fruitcake Bread Pudding)
- Per serving:
- 537 kcal ,
- 32 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 172 mg chol. ,
- 251 mg sodium ,
- 54 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 32 g sugar ,
- 12 g pro.