Recipes and Cooking Marshmallow Popcorn Balls 3.8 (4) Add your rating & review Using marshmallows and melted butter instead of corn syrup in this popcorn ball recipe means you don't have to fuss with a candy thermometer--and your end product has a chewier, more manageable texture. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on October 24, 2017 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Adam Albright Total Time: 45 mins Servings: 12 Yield: 12 popcorn balls Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 14 cup popped popcorn ¼ cup butter 1 10 ounce package marshmallows ½ - 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt Red Food Coloring Red sprinkles Directions Preheat oven to 300°F. Remove any unpopped kernels from popcorn. Place popcorn in a shallow baking pan or roasting pan; keep warm in oven. In an 8-quart pot heat butter over medium-low heat until melted. Add marshmallows. Cook, stirring frequently, until melted. Stir in sea salt and a few drops red food coloring until light pink. Add popcorn to marshmallow mixture; stir gently to coat. Let cool until easy to handle. With buttered hands, quickly shape mixture into twelve 3-inch-diameter balls. Add sprinkles to coat. If desired, sprinkle with additional sea salt. Let stand until cool. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days or freeze up to 3 months. Tips Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months. If frozen, let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 155 Calories 5g Fat 26g Carbs 2g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 12 Calories 155 % Daily Value * Total Fat 5g 6% Saturated Fat 3g 15% Cholesterol 10mg 3% Sodium 147mg 6% Total Carbohydrate 26g 9% Total Sugars 15g Protein 2g Calcium 2mg 0% Iron 0.4mg 2% Potassium 33mg 1% Folate, total 3.3mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.